We have two classified positions available (use classified applications below):
Part time office assistant, five mornings a week, 8:45-10:45 or so, responsible for attendance. This is a temporary position, until June 8, 2017
Office coordinator, full-time during the school year. Tierra Pacifica Charter School (TPCS), located in the Live Oak community, is a K-8th grade public school and multi-generational community, created through a vibrant collaboration between families and educators. Our dynamic school integrates out-of-the-box thinking with academics, the arts, environmental stewardship, emotional intelligence and physical health. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and a collaborative culture that values excellence and innovation.
We are seeking an experienced Office Coordinator extraordinaire to help provide a welcoming environment for parents, students and guests, and ensure smooth functioning of day to day office operations. The ideal candidate will be bicultural and bilingual (English/Spanish), embrace our mission, vision and values and have prior experience working in a school setting. This position requires excellent communication, computer and people skills and the ability be extremely detail oriented and flexible. Good sense of humor a plus!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate communication to and from the school office to parents, staff and school community
- Assist students sent to the office for various issues and notify appropriate staff as necessary
- Monitor and assist sick or injured children, provide first aid and notify parents as appropriate
- Coordinate safety and security of staff, students, and/or property (e.g. building keys, check in/check out of visitors, students, etc.) to help minimize exposure to injury, loss and/or liability
- Coordinate facility repairs/maintenance and supply purchasing
- Maintain records, various files, testing materials, facilities records, and inventories to be used for internal reference, and for compliance with federal, state, and district requirements
- Monitor and track daily staff absences and coordinate substitute teachers as required
- Work with principal and school staff to edit charter renewal and annual report documents
- Facilitate immunization reporting and communicable disease outbreaks to County Health
- Provide supervision of, and direction to, parent volunteers
- Additional duties as required
- Associates Degree required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- At least 1 year of related office experience
- Strong written and verbal communication and conflict resolution skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Google drive
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and maintain strict confidentiality
- Upon hire, must be able to provide negative TB test results within the last 2 years; must be willing to obtain employer paid Department of Justice (DOJ) fingerprint clearance and CPR/First Aid certification
- Bicultural and bilingual in Spanish/English highly desirable
- Experience in school setting
- Ability to sit, stand, reach, lift and answer phones
- Ability to spend up to 75% of shift keyboarding/working at a computer
- Ability to actively move to playground and field areas to assist and/or monitor children
SALARY & BENEFITS
Competitive salary and benefits package. This is a full-time, hourly (non-exempt) position. Benefits include health and wellness, PERS retirement and paid sick leave. This position only works during the school year, with unpaid time off during the summer and other school closures.
Please submit a completed application (see below), resume, and cover letter to Kitty Hansen, Office Manager.
TIERRA PACIFICA CHARTER SCHOOL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Tierra Pacifica is a vibrant collaboration between families and educators working to create a loving school and multi-generational community. We stimulate a love of learning by integrating academic instruction with the arts and fostering environmental stewardship, emotional intelligence, and physical health. Parents participate at every level of our school, from making policy to sweeping the floors. Our task is to build not just a school but also a community in which a diversity of strengths, cultures, and family backgrounds is valued. Since we view education as a lifelong process, we envision our school as a center of learning for families, children, and teachers: one in which the real world comes into the classroom and the classroom goes out to the real world. Through conflict resolution training, classroom meetings and environmental education, we prepare our young people to become compassionate, effective leaders in tomorrow's world.
Please complete application and email a cover letter and a resume!
Classified Position (Teaching Assistants, Counselors, and Office)
For Office Assistant positions, please recognize that any reference to Teacher Assistant on the application will actually be referring to your experience as an office worker.
This is NOT Kitty, but this kitty thinks he runs the office!