DRIVE FOR SCHOOLS
Suggestions for Selling Tickets to Benefit TPCS
How to Ask
It’s easy to sell tickets when you invite people to buy a chance to win a new Toyota Prius C, Subaru Crosstrek or $25,000 cash, while also supporting our school. 100% of the proceeds go to support Tierra Pacifica’s programs and facilities. Ticket purchases are not tax deductible.
TPCS Grandparents and friends are invited to sell and buy tickets. Please contact the office right away with any new contacts information. Parents are asked to contact their own parents and extended family members as well.
If the winner lives outside the area and cannot come to Santa Cruz to pick up the new car, the Capitola Auto Mall will make every effort to work with the local dealership in that area. However, the Capitola Auto Mall cannot guarantee other dealers’ cooperation, and the winner has the option to choose the $25,000 cash prize instead of a car.
Ideas for Selling Tickets
1. Start early. Generate excitement and interest by alerting family, friends and other contacts about ticket purchase for a chance to win many awesome prizes.
2. Carry tickets with you at all times, and sell them during your everyday life, especially when you’re with groups of people – at meetings, trainings, parties, family or neighborhood gatherings, your place of worship, sporting events, clubs and organizations you belong to, etc.
3. Write an email blast to your entire address book, or target your professional or social network by email. Set up an easy way or place for them to buy their tickets. A suggested email to your address book is attached, and an electronic version for you to cut and paste into your email will be included with the electronic version of the school bulletin.
4. Ask your parents, extended family and close friends not just to buy tickets, but to sell them, keeping in mind the idea is for us to sell as many tickets as possible. A suggested email to friends/relatives is attached, and an electronic version for you to cut and paste into your email will be included with the electronic version of the school bulletin.
5. Let your neighbors know early on when you will be selling the tickets, then follow up by knocking on doors with your children.
6. Involve your children as a community service project.
7. Be sure to contact family, friends and acquaintances who live outside Santa Cruz County, where no other schools are involved in the local “Drive for Schools.”
8. Into Facebook, Twitter, IG or other social networks? Work it to sell tickets!
Questions? Suggestions? Contact Sandra at TPCS firstname.lastname@example.org