If you are ordering items to be shipped to us, our address is Tierra Pacifica Charter School,
986 Bostwick Lane, Santa Cruz, CA 95062. If you have a question, call 462-9404, 0#
Courtyard Wish List: (Updated 10-2-12)
A large blue container for plants, to match the other blue pot next the front door.
Life Lab Vegetable and Fruit Garden Wish List for 2012
Thank you for considering donating one of the items below for our life lab garden classroom. Contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org. ~ Jennifer Colfer
Someone to install a rain barrel at the downspout in the garden. We already own the rain barrel.
(2) Wine barrels
(2) dwarf fruit trees (ones that will fruit while school is in session ie: apple, Asian pear, citrus, pomegranate, pineapple guava)
(6) 5 cu yard bags organic potting soil
Plants for insectary/ hummingbird garden: approx (12) 1 gallon plants and gopher baskets for each plant. I have a list of suggested plants, please have donor contact me.
Organic soil amendment and fertilizer, please contact me for quantity.
Vegetable seeds and starts, please contact me for a suggested plant list.
Heavy duty (vandal/weatherproof) shed for storing tools. Approx. size 3' deep, 5' wide, 5-6' high. Please contact me before purchasing so we can be sure that it fits in the area.
Two large garbage cans/bins with waterproof lids that can withstand weather/rain for storing extra potting soil and soil amendment.
This is a big ask: someone to help install a permanent drip irrigation system for perennial plants and trees. The tricky part about this is that it involves cutting and patching a small amount of asphalt to move the point of connection for the irrigation system into the garden.
PE Wish List: (updated 9-15-12)
We can always use:
- Bouncy balls for recess. 8 1/2 and 10 inches in diameter...all colors are fine. We need these on an ongoing basis. 10 at a time would be wonderful! Oriental Trading Post has a good deal on these balls.
- Footballs (regular size and pee-wee)
- Badminton birdies (plastic, not feather, please)
If you have any other equipment, we would be happy to see if we can make use of it!
Office Wish List (Updated 9-15-12):
- Walkie-talkies (1 set)
- We collect used inkjet and laser cartridges in the office. We turn them into Staples and get $2.00 a piece for them.Our account is under 831.462.9404 and the name is Kitty.
Office help, we might have an errand for you if you have a few extra minutes on your way home! Call Kitty at 462-9404, 0# or just drop in!
- Do shredding (can be done anytime)
- Accounting help for Satisha
- Order paper supplies and watch inventory: TP, facial tissues, garbage bags, handsoap and check supplies in classrooms
- Errand person: take items to Grey Bears occasionally
- Person who will service our digital cameras and digital video cam (be in charge of getting them fixed, make sure they are charged up, etc)
- Person to make a occasional run to our storage area, which is right around the corner on Soquel Avenue. This should take about 30 minutes max a trip if we have things that need to be stored or picked up.
- Person to keep our information board inside of the office current. This might be 10 minutes a week or so.
- Person to document our school’s API standing with respect to other schools in the state and nation. This is research online.
- Person to call us on their way to Costco and see if we need anything for the school. We almost always can use AA batteries.
Kindergarten - Wish List (9-15-12):
- rolls of clear tape for tape dispenser
- glue sticks
- Crayola colored pencils (packs of 50)
1st-2nd Grade Wish List: (Updated 9-15-11)
- (25) Fine Point Expo Vis-a-vis markers- any color(s)
2nd-3rd Grade Class Wish List, Juliet's Class (as of 10-2-12)
- Crayola dry erase crayons
- Elmer's X-treme glue sticks
- Set of 3-6 picture books with matching story on CD for the listening center
- Yellow #2 pencils
- Six cleaning cloths for class clean-up
- Squirt bottle for water (that has never contained chemicals) for cooling kids off on hot days
4th-5th-6th Grade Wish List: (as of 9-28-12)
- whiteboard markers
- three 5-gallon buckets with lids for composting on the campouts
Verena's Wish List: (as of 9-29-11)
- 5 gallon, indoor ficus tree with decorative indoor pot. Can be purchased at Home Depot for $30.
7th-8th Grade Wish List (as of 10-2-12)
- cushions for chairs (can be used)